Animal Hospital of Ovilla is a growing, thriving, privately-owned 3-doctor practice in a fast-growing suburb of Dallas, Texas. Because we are so highly regarded in our area, we have a long list of new clients wanting to come to our practice. In order to accept them and still care for our broad base of existing clients, we need more veterinarians! Why should you want to be on our team?
We have an awesome team!
- We are independently owned, not part of a vet hospital corporation. That means we can make our own decisions about how our team wants to practice medicine, and it allows us to be more flexible when staff have personal or family needs.
- We have a fabulously cohesive work team. Staff members have described us as a “unicorn” practice because we function so well together and are drama-free! If you’re going to spend hours of your week at work, we’re going to make sure it’s a fun and rewarding place to be.
- We let our licensed/certified/experienced technicians use their skills! Our techs do things like draw blood, place catheters, intubate, administer anesthesia, and give injections, as well as providing much of the client education. Our CSRs are treated as the important front line that they are, and are encouraged to get Certified Vet Assistant credentials. With an overall effective full time staff-to-doctor ratio of 8:1, our support staff enable the doctors to focus on practicing medicine.
We’re the best in the area!
- We have a great reputation for diagnostics. Other area clinics routinely refer to us.
- We have all the expected toys: digital radiography, digital dental radiography, laser, ultrasound, in-house lab, and fluorescent light therapy. Plus we have a newly remodeled and enlarged facility.
- We are the only clinic on this side of Dallas that sees exotics, and we get a lot! Hedgehogs, guinea pigs, iguanas, bearded dragons, tortoises, parrots, macaws, chickens, ducks, kangaroos, and prairie dogs, to name a few!
- We provide acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine with a boarded TCVM veterinarian.
- We believe in providing the highest quality medicine, and our clients expect it. We also believe in making our clients and their pets feel like they are family, and our reviews indicate that we are successful in that.
We take care of our team!
- We aren’t open late or on weekends. Hospital hours are 7am-6:30pm, M-F. We refer after-hours emergencies to a nearby ER clinic.
- We get that you want work-life balance. Most staff members work 4-day weeks.
- We have an experienced surgeon who will mentor new grads; all our doctors will mentor new grads in diagnostics.
- Pay is competitive and commensurate with experience. New grads will start at salary, then move to production-based pay with a base salary.
- Stipends are available for externships.
- We have the following benefits:
- Paid vacation/time off
- Paid parental leave (4 weeks)
- Contribution toward medical insurance
- Paid licensing fees
- Paid liability insurance for doctors
- Paid association dues
- Stipend for CE
- SIMPLE IRA with matching
- Pet care discount
- Scrubs and jackets provided
Whether you’re looking for a place for an externship, or you’re looking ahead to graduation and an associate position, or you're an experienced vet- we’d like to talk to you!